A computer scientist, or a software engineer, or a continuous student … all of them at the same time, I think I should use an And instead …
That’s me. I took my Phd. in Computer Science under the supervision of Eduardo Mena. My main areas of interest are the Semantic Web (all the technologies that come along with it) and Mobile Computing. In particular, I’m specially interested in the convergence of the Semantic Web technologies and mobile applications (such as location-dependent services).
I’m a postdoc researcher and a member of the Distributed Information Systems Group. Currently, I am a visiting researcher in IRISA at Rennes working with Dr. Sébastien Ferré. Recently, I was also a visiting researcher in the University of Aberdeen working with Dr. Jeff Z. Pan.
Lately, my research has been focused on:
- Regarding Semantic Web and Semantic Information Systems:
- Semantic Search, focusing on Keyword-based Search
- Semantic Modelling
- Semantic Location-based Services
- Ontology Integration
- Applications of NLP techniques
- Regarding Mobile Computing:
- Processing Location-based Queries
- Modelling Locations at Different Granularities exploiting their Semantics
- Applications of Mobile Agents in Distributed Scenarios
- Adaptive User Interfaces
Besides, I’m also interested in all IR and ML techniques which might come in handy in any of my main research fields.
Apart from that, I divide my spare time between two passions: playing handball and playing guitar. Both of them make it possible to free my mind when a rest is needed .