Eduardo Mena & J.M. Blanco
Last update: Feb. 7, 1997
Here you can find the documentation and installation files required for the use
of Exitus, a Back-end for a concrete intermediate code that allows to generate
executable files. For example, when Exitus takes as input this example (a program that takes ten numbers from standard input and prints in the standard output the same numbers but in inverse order) the following result is generated. Using Macroassembler and Link-editor from Microsoft an executable file is obtained.
There exists an internal report with the complete description of Exitus.
- Documentation of Exitus (under construction)
- Download Exitus, MS-DOS version. The following files are needed:
In addition, you can take a look into PRUEBA.INT, an example in intermediate code, PRUEBA.ASM, the translation into 8086/8088 Assembler and PRUEBA.EXE, the corresponding executable (in MS_DOS).
- BACK_END.BAT. Batch file that sequences the process of translation to machine code.
- BACK.EXE. Back-end developed by us.
- MASM.EXE. Macroassembler from Microsoft. We hope Bill Gates does not get mad because of this.
- LINK.EXE. Link-editor from Microsoft.
Nov. 20, 1996