Generator of Synthetic Data for the Evaluation of Context-Aware Recommendation Systems
- PhD. student María del Carmen Rodríguez-Hernández (SID group, Unizar)
- Dr. Sergio Ilarri (SID group, Unizar)
- Dr. Ramón Hermoso (SID group, Unizar)
- Dr. Raquel Trillo-Lado (SID group, Unizar)
DataGenCARS is a complete Java-based synthetic dataset generator for the evaluation of Context-Aware Recommendation Systems (CARS). The generator presents a high flexibility in the obtaining of datasets in several scenarios of items recommendation (with context or without context).
Some key features of Data-GenCARS are listed below:
- Flexible denfition of user schemas, item schemas and context schemas.
- Flexible denfition of user profiles.
- Realistic generation of ratings and attributes of items.
- The automatic mapping between item schemas and Java classes.
- The possibility to mix real and synthetic datasets and of replicating existing real datasets.
Java documentation: The Java documentation generated by DataGenCARS can be downloaded here.